Latham FinTech partners discuss the evolving stablecoin landscape on the New Territories Podcast.
By Christian F. McDermott, Yvette D. Valdez, and Stephen P. Wink
New York partners Yvette Valdez and Stephen Wink and London partner Christian McDermott recently discussed the evolving stablecoin landscape on new episodes of The Brooklyn Project’s New Territories Podcast.
The partners, who are members of Latham & Watkins FinTech Industry Group, spoke with host Joyce Lai about a number of trends and regulatory issues impacting digital assets and blockchain technology, including:
- Macro trends and geopolitical shifts
- State-sponsored digital assets and payment systems
- Status of digital assets under US securities laws
- Stablecoin considerations (and complications) under US commodities laws
- Decentralized finance
- Global privacy considerations for potential issuers and other participants when designing and operating a stablecoin ecosystem
Replays of the conversations are available on both Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
The New Territories Podcast, an initiative of The Brooklyn Project, features conversations with industry thought leaders at the intersection of diverse disciplines, including law, policy, and technology. Led by ConsenSys and The Cardozo Blockchain Project, The Brooklyn Project works to ensure blockchain-based tokenization achieves its full potential.
Submit a comment about this post to the editor.